Networking yourself is a challenging task. Here are a few tips on how you can network yourself as an artist.
- Find opportunities where you can network.
- Search for events in your local are or nearest big city.
- Join groups online or in person that make sense for you.
- Do your research. There are opportunities out there for you to network yourself as an artist.
LEARN HOW TO TALK ABOUT YOURSELF
- Learn how to talk about yourself and others.
- Practice talking about your work in the mirror.
- Develop a rough idea about how you can introduce yourself as an artist. “Hi! I’m ____, I’m an artist. I focus on ____.” Get creative.
- Ask people about what they do as a way to bring up that you are an artist.
- People love talking about themselves. Ask as many questions about them as possible. It will be a memorable interaction for whoever you are talking to because you took interest in their life.
- Let your main goal for networking be connection.
- People will remember genuine connection.
- Connect with as many people as possible and opportunities will come.
GIVE OUT STICKERS OR BUSINESS CARDS
- When you meet people, give them a business card, or even better, a really dope sticker with your art and info. Trust me on this one. People love stickers. Get the high quality sh*%. People appreciate quality.
What are your networking tips?